Tuesday, August 4, 2009

No squirrels were harmed

The aforementioned deer incident reminded me of another animal related story. The first wedding I attended with Sexy was for Middle Sister's husband's sister. (I have two biological sisters. I am the youngest. Middle Sister is 14 months older than me and lives about 15 minutes away. Older Sister is 5 years older than me and lives about 2 hours away.) It was a lavish affair on New Year's Eve. I was really excited about it because 1. I don't get dressed up, fix my hair and wear make up very often (I'm just not one of those girls) and 2. We usually stay home on New Years Eve.

It was a really great wedding. The couple was lovely and everyone was delighted they were getting married. The reception was awesome. Seriously, it included an Elvis impersonator and everything! The plan was for the Bride and Groom to leave after everyone had rung in the new year properly...outside on the deck with fireworks and kisses. The guest were given sparklers and there was an actual fireworks show.

I was standing with Sexy and my mom at the edge of the deck enjoying the moonlight view of the lake waiting on the fireworks. The first fireworks went off and all of a sudden there was SOMETHING ON MY HEAD. A FURRY SOMETHING ON MY HEAD. The furry something was holding on to my head for dear life and then jumped off my head out into the wilderness. My husband and several on lookers had looks of amazement on their faces and after making sure I was OK and laughing till they almost peed their pants, told me that the furry something was in fact a squirrel. Apparently a squirrel that had been happily living its life...not patiently waiting for the fireworks I'm guessing....and was startled out of the tree by the fireworks.

Amazingly I was fine...just a few scratches. The squirrel...as mentioned in this post title...was not harmed.

No comments: