Thursday, October 29, 2009

Water...FTW!


FTW = for the win. I had to look it up the first time I saw it on twitter so I thought I'd just tell you and save you the search of urbandictionary.com.

I quit cokes yesterday. I gained 1 1/4 lb. at WW. I was expecting it. Once again I had indulged a little more than I should have but am quite sure that I did well with the portion control of the food.

The cokes...not so much.

I am addicted to cokes. I admit it. The addiction is compromising my ability to get my body where I want it to be. I can justify drinking one a day but I know in my heart that there will be too many days where I can't stop at just one.

When I am with family doing something special I have figured out how to either make choices that will keep me in my points allowance or make a conscious decision to eat things that will make me go over my points. Either way it is a conscious decision and when I decide to go over my points I always feel it is worth it. The choice to drink coke is almost always made subconsciously or for convenience and NEVER worth it.

I literally cried a little at the WW meeting when I decided I had to quit them. I told my friend and WW cohort immediately to give me some accountability. I am not sure why the tears came to my eyes. How bizarre is that...crying about cokes? Silly is what it is. I think the tears are more about coming to terms with myself and my inner brat/princess/child about choices I have to make to be healthier. This losing weight is sometimes more of a battle in my mind than anywhere else. That battle can be so difficult but is proving to be SO WORTH IT!

I am taking charge of my body. I'm not going to let my future be controlled by a stupid addiction to cokes that I know I am bigger than and stronger than. For heaven's sake I quit smoking two years ago. If I can kick the nicotine habit I CAN.DO.THIS!!!

No comments: