Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Constant Sorrow

Grieving is hard. Hard because sometimes everything feels so normal. Sometimes I can almost forget that I won't be having a Thanksgiving baby. Whenever anyone asked me when I was due I would say November 24th, we will have a lot to be thankful for this year!

Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays. I love it because it is a holiday where you get together with the ones you love and you express your gratitude and there are not gifts. We all just get to be grateful. Oh...and the food is super yummy! I was so excited that Evelyn Grace was going to be born around Thanksgiving. It just seemed so appropriate.

I know that someday when I think of my Evie it won't be all tears. Right now it is just so much sadness. Sometimes it is hard to remember what I'm thankful for. I make myself remember multiple times a day. I thank God for those things...family, friends, beautiful fall days, snuggles at bedtime, the love of a good man.

I am truly thankful that Evie was loved from the moment I knew about her. She brought so much joy into my life and to all those who love me and Ryan. Right now though it is just so sad. I don't want it to be sad. I'm ready to be done with the sad part of grief. I fear I will never stop being sad.

1 comment:

GK said...

I am happy to see you blogging. It is good for the soul. Well - writing I think it good for the soul. I may be overstating the blogging part.
:-)
Love you.