Friday, January 15, 2010

Weight Watchers Update

I started weight watchers on 6/24/09. As of Wednesday 1/13 I have lost 25 lbs. I wish it was more but I am happy to see it go. After losing 2.5 lbs the week after Christmas I gained 3 lbs the next week. This week I lost 5.25. I am basically back to where I was the first week of November.

I did a detox to help jump start my weight loss and help get me off cokes and sweet tea. I was really tired of drinking my points. The biggest part of the detox (linked below) was cutting out all sugar, all wheat and gluten, all PROCESSED FOODS. I ate a lot of steel cut oats and lentil soup. Recipes linked below. Even more fruit and salads. I drank a lot of water and took a regimen of supplements that included many things I should have been taking anyway. Omegas, vitamin C, probiotics (I do already take one but the detox calls for 2 daily), milk thistle (which dr. oz told Oprah I should be taking this a long time ago) and fiber. I was very tired and very cranky the first three days. After that I felt great. I am hoping to continue some of the things from the detox.

I am going to reduce my processed food intake. I am going to make my lentil soup instead of eating lentil soup from a can. I am going to eat six servings of fruits and veggies a day.I am going to drink mostly water but will allow 100% juice and V-8 and the occasional sweet tea. My goal is to not have more than two non-water drinks a day.

I am tracking everyday. Another thing I finally got back on track during the detox.

detox diet http://www.womentowomen.com/detoxification/detoxdiet.aspx

best lentil soup ever. you can skip the puree step. but don't.  http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1842306

steel cut oats  http://www.supercinski.net/2009/09/steel-cut-oats-recipes/




No comments: